Hey there! I appreciate you taking a look at Rule Marketing Group, and hope you’ve found some great information.
If you’re reading this, then the question you want answered is simple:
Who the heck are we?
I’m Caleb Rule (find me on LinkedIn), and along with my wife, Chelsea, we’re the tandem behind Rule Marketing Group.
Together, we bring 20+ years’ experience across a wide swath of marketing disciplines: inbound, communications, design, PR, writing, and more. We’ve worked in companies ranging from $500 million in annual revenue to tons of small businesses, and have marketed to both multi-national B2B organizations and end-user consumers. (View Caleb’s personal profile here).
We’re based in the northeast Atlanta, GA area, but have worked with clients across time zones (we’re sticking to US-only for now, though).
While it may sound crazy, we actually work quick well together (cue me looking at Chelsea for confirmation of this…) as our skills complement each other. I focus a lot on the inbound marketing, including SEO, website content, and PPC, while she drives design decisions, edits anything I write, and thinks from a PR / comms perspective.
Our mission is simple, and is best stated in a problem-solution format:
Problem: Small businesses need great marketing, but often Have small budgets
- Provide free resources we’ve used so others can, too. It’s hard enough for everyone. And hey, if you see success doing it on your own – more power to you!
- Provide expertise at rates that are way lower than ad agencies (we’ve worked in a few, so we know)
- Before any project, provide a “max cost” projection which guarantees the cost ceiling. In other words? We clearly communicate the most you’d pay for a project
- Don’t be a jerk with billing. If we work 10 minutes, it’s 10 minutes that’s billed. Not an hour. And yes, sometimes that means we bill 2.75 hours for a task and have to do math. It’s worth it.
Problem: Digital marketing is a massive jungle with plenty of misinformation out there
- Be someone who isn’t afraid to call B.S. on bad ideas and who’s plugged into a network of industry-leading folks to ensure we don’t become guilty of it ourselves (I’m very active on LinkedIn for this purpose)
- Show sources of information. Don’t just spout data, but back it up with verifiable, trusted sources. (Want proof? Check out our blog and how we cite our sources)
Problem: With agencies, sometimes clients who are billed more get higher priority
- We don’t take on too many clients. We have a marriage, kids, church, family, and other things we want to invest our time in – just like you! And so we’re very cautious about saying “yes” to anyone if we can’t do a fantastic job (but if we can’t, we’ll happily help you find the right fit for you – and no, we don’t get a referral fee)
- Clear communication, and happy to hop on a phone and talk things through. We also don’t charge for time on the phone.
If we sound like someone you’re interested in more about, contact us!